Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Country Tags

I am so happy to participate in this new Challenge Blog called Retro Rubber Challenge.

Here is the link - Retro Rubber Challenge


This week we are to use our first stamp.  My first stamp set was a set by Inkadinkado, which I purchased in about 1985 at Faneuil Hall Market Place in Boston, Massachusetts.

In those days I was selling sewn articles in a number of consignment stores.  The products were baby bib/burp pad sets, country items, baby quilts, Christmas Tree skirts, and bridal items like padded photo albums, lace handkerchiefs, garters, etc.  So, I wanted to make my own price tags.



This is an example of the tags.  I had only blue ink so all my tags were blue.

I still have the stamp set; it is:


And here is a video about my tags

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber! We are glad to have you! What a great walk down memory lane! And I am impressed at how long you have had this stamp set. These are really cute tags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Diane, what a great set and how fun to bring it out again. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you made our first video for Retro Rubber! :-) Thanks for the advertisement on YouTube! :-) I think you may have also used the oldest stamp set from anyone so far in the challenge! :-) Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber. I look forward to seeing your creations in future challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, I am so impressed that you have your very first stamp set from the '80s. What cute little tags and a sweet video to share your memories. Thank you so much for playing with your first stamp set with Retro Rubber's first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, thanks so much for sharing your enthusiasm for the Retro Rubber blog challenge! We all have had so much fun bringing out our old stamps sets and revisiting them. And so far, your's has been our oldest stamp set... what a fun set it is and perfect for your purpose. We are looking forward to you sharing more of your oldies but goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun, thank you for sharing with a video! My stamp is also from about the same era, early 80's. I think it is great you even remember where you bought it, however Faneuil Hall Market Place is rather remarkable and perhaps easier to remember! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you only had blue ink! that sure didn't stop you from creating wonderful projects!! Thank you for sharing.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is an amazing retro set and love your work too

    ReplyDelete