Saturday, May 24, 2014

New In Colors (part 2)

As I explained yesterday, each year, when Stampin' Up! releases the new catalog, they also introduce five new ink/paper colors that are called "In Colors".  This year the five new In Colors are:

Blackberry Bliss
Hello Honey
Lost Lagoon
Mossy Meadow
and 
Tangelo Twist



For my card yesterday, I used an acrylic stamping block and applied a little of all the inks to the block by tapping the pad directly to the block, using the lighter colors first and ending with the darkest.  Then I spritzed the block with a little water and stamped onto a piece of Whisper White card stock.  

I promised yesterday that I would show you two more versions of this technique on my post today. As it turns out, I have only one other sample to share.  I had to trash the second one because I did not let the ink/water spritzed background dry enough before I heat embossed.  The embossing powder stuck to the wet spots on the card stock.  So if you want to try this technique, make sure to dry the ink completely before embossing.

Here is my second sample:





No comments:

Post a Comment