Saturday, June 23, 2012

Happy Retirement Christine




This is a card for my friend Christine who will be retiring next week.

This is also being submittted for the PPA Challenge #137

PPA137 - A Sketch Challenge


PPA137 So here is the sketch and an explanation of what I submitted. I used Stampin' Up! products for all the elements of this card.



The card stock is Very Vanilla and the DSP is Comfort Cafe. The ink is Cajun Craze. I stamped the Humming Bird and the Flowers (from Elements of Style) and then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. I created the Very Vanilla paper "lace" with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border. The tiny flowers above the hummingbird were stamped with an image from the Tiny Tags set. The "Happy Retirement" sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and punched with the Word Window Punch.

After I embossed the hummingbird image, I cut it out and placed it in on top of another stamped hummingbird image in the smaller circle.

2 comments:

  1. I love the monochromatic card! The Dotted Scallop Ribbon Trim is perfect. I love hummingbirds and this one is no exception! Thanks for joining us at the PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! WOW! WOWEE! I love this card! It really knocks your socks off with the wonderful choice of paper, stamps, and the RED :)

    ReplyDelete