Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Happy Birthday Swallowtail

The folks over at Just Add Ink have a color challenge this week.  Follow the link to play.

JAI 225





I just loved these colors.  I used the Swallowtail stamp set, heat embossed with black on Whisper White, water colored the So Saffron with the Aqua painter and used the Smokey Slate Blendabilities to color the bottom portion of the wings.  The sentiment is from And Many More.

After I heat embossed the butterfly, I fussy cut it to place it on the So Saffron card stock.

2 comments:

  1. Diane, this glorious butterfly looks fantastic on the So Saffron background. I love the scale of the sentiment, in contrast to the large stamped image. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a striking use of the colours Diane! Your butterfly looks great on the So Saffron base. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete