Saturday, April 12, 2014

Saturday at the Sewing and Quilt Expo

I spent the day at the Sewing and Quilt Expo in Worcester, Massachusetts today.  I attended a machine embroidery class and bought a new sewing machine.

I saw many, many quilts and many hand sewn items, but everything I looked at reminded me of card making.  At first I thought it was because I had not made a card yet today and I do try to blog everyday, with a new card or a technique to share.

After a short time I realized the reason I was reminded of card making is because trends in card making are the trends in everything; fashion, art, stamping, etc..

I saw watercolor techniques on fabrics. I saw butterflies and hexagons and banners. I even saw the Chalkboard technique with sentiments embroidered on felt!  It also didn't take long for me to realize that sewing and card making cross over each other and that many products are transferable to both crafts, especially ribbons and buttons and twine.

So, influenced by all I have seen at the sewing expo today, here is my card:

Banners, chevrons buttons and bows; you make me happy!

And I would just like to say, in the future, expect more cards with machine stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment