Monday, February 3, 2014

Be My Valentine

This week The Paper Players  theme challenge is Sweet Treats.  So I set out to create a Valentine card or 3-D project with a "food or treat" theme.

I made a cover for a candy bar with a decorated tag for a belly band closure.


I used Stampin' Up! Christmas DSP from last year. I have found that you can usually use Christmas paper for Valentine projects. Real Red is Real Red, right?
 
I used the new Spiral Flower Die to make the roses.  I also used Stampin' Up!'s retired P.S. I Love You for the sentiment that decorated the tag background and the tiny hanging part of the tag.

This is the back of the tag / belly band that holds the cover closed.




And then I added the candy.



Happy Stamping!







2 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful, Diane! Your roses are gorgeous, and I can't believe how wonderful that Christmas paper looks for Valentine's! Thanks for playing along with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, this is gorgeous. The retired Christmas DSP is perfect and your roses are just gorgeous. I'd be thrilled to receive this as a gift. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete