Saturday, June 8, 2013

PPA160 A Color Challenge


PrimroseGumballWhite


This week's challenge is a Color Challenge
http://www.palspaperarts.com/2013/06/ppa160-a-color-challenge.html











My card uses the Triple Stamping Technique.  You stamp your design on 3 pieces of neutral card stock and then mat each piece with another piece of matching card stock.  You may remember I made one in earth tones with leaves (SU Gently Falling) last fall for the Pals September Blog Hop.  http://scoreatfourandaquarter.blogspot.com/2012/09/pals-fall-flair-blog-hop.html


This time around I used Stampin' Up!'s Stippled Blossoms and Flowering Flourishes stamp sets.  I did a lot of "Stamping Off " on this card.  "Stamping Off" is the technique of inking up the stamp, stamping the image once on a scrap piece of paper and then stamping it again on the project (without re-inking). I stamped off when stamping the Gumball Green background with the Flowering Flourishes so that the background would be subtle.

Stippled Blossoms is a 2 Step Stamping Set and is usually used with two colors close in color.  I had only Primrose Petals to work with so I stamped the lighter color image by stamping off the Primrose Petals once for step 1 of the image and then inked and stamped  Primrose Petals for part 2.

The sentiment on the front of the card is SU Petite Pairs and the inside sentiment is from SU Best of Birthdays.  I also used Primrose Petals Dahlias.

Post Script:  After I posted my card I went to Ann Schach's blog and learned that that I should have stamped off 3 times on the Stippled Blossoms.  That is why I love to participate in these challenges; there is so much opportunity for learning.  Thanks PPA!

4 comments:

  1. I love triple layer stamping and this is gorgeous. I'm going to have to purchase this stamp. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful example of triple stamping! The flowers and colors were perfect for this technique and I love the addition of the dahlias for extra texture! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Diane! I will never grow tired of this technique. Adding the dahlias was so creative! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning inside and out! congrats, diane, on being a PPA top pick!

    ReplyDelete