Monday, February 4, 2013

Swallowtail X 2

One of my favorite new stamps is Stampin' Up!'s Swallowtail from the Spring Catalog (page 18).   It is one of my biggest stamps and usually with big stamps, I stamp off the card a bit because the image doesn't fit on a 5.5" X 4.25" card.  That's what I did with the Medallion Stamp.  I made some pretty cards with the medallion, but I was never able to get the whole image on a card.

With the Swallowtail, I decided to try cutting out the image and let it overhang just a bit on the card.  Much to my delight, the Swallowtail is very easy to cut out with my snips and I think it is very impressive on a card.

I found that embossing and then coloring with my Stampin' Up! Watercolor pencils produced a very nice image.  Here it is on Daffodil Delight w/Black card stock.  The "Love" sentiment is from Pennant Parade, punched with the Petite Curly Label Punch from Sale A Bration.



The second Swallowtail below is embossed only-no coloring.  I wanted to feature the beautiful image on the Print Poetry DSP from the Paper Stack on page 16 of the Spring Catalog.   This is all Midnight Muse, my favorite In Color. 


Give this stamp a try, you will be glad you did.  Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment