Sunday, December 18, 2011

PPA 124 - Deck the Halls

We have a sketch challenge this week and I am in the middle of Christmas preparations so my card has a Christmas Theme.

My card stock is Stampin' Up! Naturals Ivory which I sponged with Tim Holtz's Tattered Rose Distress Ink.  I used designer paper from Graphic 45's Christmas Emporium Collection.  I have used this paper throughout this holiday season; I find it so versatile and I love the old fashioned look of this collection.

I clipped the Deck the Halls Carol from one of the pages and also cut the bottom border from one of their pages.  I used a coordinating DSP page to back the music graphic, cut the lace border with SU Lace Ribbon Border punch, and punch some scalloped circles.  The Merry Christmas sentiment is from SU Delightful Decorations and punch with a 3/4 circle punch.  I also sponged the edges of the ivory scallop and the circle with the tattered rose.

The Christmas Carol  and the scallops are popped up with dimensionals.

These are not your typical Christmas colors, but I like the look of Christmas of yesteryear.

2 comments: